Position: Lead Custodian
Status: Regular, Full-Time, Hourly
Area(s): Operations (Facilities)
Reports to: Facility Director
This position works under the Facility Director to lead the custodial team in the Facilities goals and objectives as we seek to reach and teach people locally and abroad.
- Agreement with RCCC doctrinal statement, vision, philosophy of ministry, and Constitution & Bylaws and consistently behave in a manner congruent with those beliefs.
- We are a part of the Southern Baptist Convention so employees must be in agreement with the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message (http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp).
- Demonstrates spiritual and personal maturity/integrity
- Strong devotional life and commitment to prayer and an established pattern of church involvement
- There are no known sin issues that would spiritually hinder the candidate from fully participating in the work of the Gospel, or representing Christ and Richland Creek well (e.g., pre-marital or extra-marital relationships, pornography, drugs or alcohol).
- Commitment to personal growth in RCCC’s vision and goals, and lead others to commit to them.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, relating well to church staff and church members
- Professional, self-motivated, adaptable, flexible, and organized
- Ability to handle, organize and facilitate multiple projects in a short time window
- Ability to identify, raise-up, equip, and work with volunteers
- Ability to lead and supervise team members, delegate tasks, and assist with scheduling others
Position Direct Responsibilities:
• Work with Facility Director and other team members in developing and maintaining the custodial needs of the church while working directly with the maintenance team
• Custodial Duties (75% of your position is comprised of custodial duties around the campus):
- Straighten all chairs and pick up trash, use push sweeper in between chairs and use the ride vac in large areas
- Vacuum, dust, and clean all lobbies, entrance ways and hallways including all windows, doors, cabinets, desks, door frames, carpets, hard floors and rugs, and stages around campus.
- Sweep, blow, or clean exterior entryways and sidewalks as needed, walk or use golf cart around the parking lot and roads to clean up trash/debris
- Clean play areas between buildings and on the side of lower level of debris as needed, drinking fountains, kitchen faucets, sinks, countertops, cabinets, microwaves, stoves, dishwashers, refrigerators, machines, dish towels and carts.
- Once a week, fully clean all offices including trash, dusting, vacuuming, office kitchen areas, Pastor's bathroom, vacuum all office hallways, stairs, and mop hard surface floors
- Take all trash from the entire building to the dumpsters / cardboard dumpster multiple times a week (offices and preschool trash is done daily on weekdays)
- Turn in any personal items left to lost and found (coats, bags, Bibles, etc.), any valuable items (jewelry, watches etc.) turn in to the Front Office
- Fulfill any requests from the Facility Director or the Operation Pastor that is not unbiblical or unethical
• Administrative Duties (25% of your position is comprised of administrative support for the Facility Team):
- Lead the team by teaching, supervising, and / or monitoring the quality of their work by being flexible and challenging them on how to properly clean and maintain the cleanliness and function of all of our buildings / campus, to make minor repairs, and to refer any large repairs to maintenance
- Lead in the weekly scheduling of the custodial team’s fulfillment of the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Daily monitor the church calendar (regular and special events) to assist with planning and adjusting the team’s schedules as needed
- Coordinate with the Facility Director in planning, scheduling, and executing custodial needs for these events
- Keep track of custodial supplies.
- Research on budget friendly products, custodial tools/machines to improve the productivity and function of the team.
- Coordinate supply orders with the Facility Director.
- Organize and maintain an inventory of all equipment, custodial tools, and machines and their locations throughout the facility
- Ensure that the custodial supply closets are maintained, restocked, kept clean, neat, and organized
- Work with the Facility Director and team to assure preventative custodial maintenance and cleaning lists are handled adequately
- Work with the Facility Director and follow (or develop) a training checklist; have training workshops and team development to equip all members of the custodial team in all areas of the building and grounds
- As Lead, strive to improve your personal development by watching videos or taking training classes from professional cleaners to improve your skills and / or skills of your team.
- Maintain washing, drying and putting away laundry (including rags, dish towels and tablecloths)
- Work with team members in cleaning and setting up of spaces / rooms before and after meetings and events
- Clear, or successfully mitigated criminal background check.
- A social media review to check for consistency with Creek policies, goals, and culture.
- Imminent (within 90 days of signing this agreement) or existing RCCC church member
- Attend staff outings, events and training as requested
- Attend monthly meetings with Operation Pastor and Facility Director
Email Facilities Director