Intern at Richland Creek
Richland Creek gathers to glorify God in worship, grow as disciples of Jesus, and go on mission with the Gospel. We believe, teach and live under the authority of God’s Word, and we invite like-minded, passionate young adult believers to join us each summer to learn from our pastors and grow as ministers of the gospel. If you desire to serve the church in full-time ministry, especially in the area of children or student ministry, we encourage you to apply for the Richland Creek Summer Internship program. We are seeking one intern each for the ministry areas of Creek Kids and Creek Students.
“Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
Scope and Purpose
The Richland Creek Summer Internship is a ministry training practicum designed to help young men and women consider full-time vocational ministry and foster growth in knowledge, character, ministry skills, and love for the Lord. Interns will receive personal and professional ministry training in the local church context under the guidance of pastors and leaders committed to raising up the next generation of leaders (2 Timothy 2:2). When you complete this program, you’ll have valuable ministry experience and meaningful relationships with Richland Creek pastors and leaders. You can even have fun along the way with our children and students!
What You Should Expect
- Hands-on ministry experience and insightful training with pastors and ministry leaders
- In-depth, practical theological discussions with leaders, and a robust reading schedule
- Vacation Bible School and Summer Camp ministry experience
- Opportunities to lead others and teach God’s Word
- Weekly exposure to sound expositional preaching and Christ-centered worship
- Personal discipleship and accountability
- Opportunities for personal involvement with the Creek College Ministry
What We Expect of You
- Born-again believers
- At least rising college sophomores
- Passion to serve in the local church context
- Aspirations for vocational church ministry
- Capable of conducting Gospel-centered conversations
- Adequately skilled to engage individuals in disciple-making relationships
- Agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message
Dates, Details & timeline
- Approximately 9 weeks, Specific Dates TBA
- Stipend paid every two weeks
- 40 hours per week
- One intern per ministry area: Creek Kids and Creek Students
- Application open through March 22, 2024
- Decisions no later than April 24, 2024
Questions? Email for assistance!
The internship at Richland Creek was a big blessing to me. It confirmed an already growing desire for ministry in me and made me want to pursue it even harder. I really enjoyed the team environment that the staff and pastors did so well to create as well as the opportunities to learn from and ask questions of pastors who have been walking in ministry a long time. Another big blessing was the many opportunities to take ownership over a task. Whether it be a game at an event or a small task behind the scenes, and even two sermons, I got very valuable experience and a better understanding of what ministry is really like.
-Andrew Swainey, Student Ministry, NC State